In September, 20 winners of the Olympic Scholarships competition of the Vladimir Potanin Fellowship Program, a joint initiative of the University and the Foundation will start studying on the Master of Sport Administration program of the Russian International Olympic University (RIOU).
74 applications from 35 countries of the world were received for the scholarship. The winners of the competition come from 14 countries, 6 of which are represented for the first time: Belgium, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Cyprus, Ecuador, Iran and Turkmenistan. Among the students of the new intake are members of the Olympic and Paralympic teams, international sports federations, coaches and instructors, managers and sports volunteers.
RIOU Rector Lev Belousov:
- "The "Olympic Scholarships" competition gives young professionals from all over the world a chance to become world-class experts in the field of sports management. A scholarship to study at RIOU is an opportunity to perfectly master the profession and fully reveal their potential.
We believe that cooperation with the Vladimir Potanin Foundation will help pave the way into the world of sports for truly talented people who will promote the ideas and the ideals of sports at the international level. We monitor career development of our graduates - after graduating from RIOU, most of the scholarship holders work in the field of sports management - in the National Olympic Committees of their countries, sports ministries and organizations. Many have also established their own sports businesses, including in Russia. This is our common contribution to the promotion of the ideas of the Olympic movement all over the world".
Oksana Oracheva, General Director of the Foundation:
- "Sports-related topics certainly have a powerful social effect - sport builds bridges between different people and countries, inspires new achievements, teaches openness, fairness and responsibility for results. We can say this with confidence based on interviews with the applicants for the Olympic Scholarships competition. This year we are celebrating a large number of winners with a wealth of volunteer experience at sporting events and their commitment to transforming the environment, whether it is promoting social entrepreneurship for sports or unlocking the potential of talented youth, promoting grassroots sports or developing primary school programs. Studying the Master of Sport Administration program will allow students to deepen and systematize knowledge, exchange experience with the best industry experts and integrate into the international professional community. I am sure that all this will become a solid foundation for the implementation of the planned initiatives at a high professional level and will certainly open new horizons for students".
The Master of Sports Administration program provides theoretical knowledge and helps develop practical skills at major events. Future students will become acquainted with the best practices of managing organizations and sports facilities, the principles of marketing and economic analysis. They will also learn from the best sports management specialists - the RIOU professors.
RIOU resumes activities on campus in compliance with the recommended safety measures travel restrictions. Due to the existing restrictions on travels between countries, the first semester will include, among other methods, distance learning techniques.
Olympic Scholarships Competition Winners
2020-2021 academic year
• Abubakr Sondos, Egypt
• Astakhov Egor, Russia
• Bekolli Vasil, Albania
• Cavalla Francesco, Italy
• Calle Paul Esteban, Ecuador
• Christiens Nancy, Belgium
• Damianou Andreas, Cyprus
• Dovletov Ezis, Turkmenistan
• Fuad Marwan, Egypt
• Gafiyatulina Anastasia, Russia
• Gaffanova Guzel, Russia
• Kolpinskaya Olga, Belarus
• Lee Yoon Woo, Korea
• Mohaya Mohammadnur, Iran
• Nasanga Sara, Uganda
• Nozdrunov Yuri, Russia
• Sviridenko Natalia, Russia
• Seabrooks Sean, Saint Kitts and Nevis
• Ullalmat Gagan, India
• Zinnatullina Renata, Russia