- Vladimir Putin
President of the Russian FederationТекст обращения
- A lot of work is being done in Russia today to instill in young people values related to fitness and healthy lifestyles, improve the system of athlete training and update the sports infrastructure. One important step in this direction is the creation of the Russian International Olympic University in Sochi, with support from the IOC. RIOU has been designed to become the world’s leading centre for training sports managers, as a well as a platform to trial and implement highly innovative and most promising educational technologies.
- Dmitry Medvedev
Prime Minister of the Russian FederationТекст обращения
- The idea of creating the Russian International Olympic University in Sochi is really worth considering. The University will prepare the managers and organisers of major sports events both for our country and for other countries.
- Alexander Zhukov
President of the Russian Olympic Committee, First Deputy Chairman of the State Duma, Chairman of the RIOU Supervisory BoardТекст обращения
- RIOU is a serious project with long-term impact. Russia lacks skilled sport administrators, without whom sport development is simply not possible. It is great that RIOU has taken up the task of training specialists to meet that pressing need.
- Vitaly Mutko
Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian GovernmentТекст обращения
- The Government will provide the Olympic University with substantial support to form the next generation of sport managers, who will implement the long-term federal programmes for developing sports in Russia.
- Thomas Bach
President of the International Olympic CommitteeТекст обращения
The Russian International Olympic University is a great legacy project of Sochi 2014, so I am delighted that on my first visit to Sochi as President of the IOC, I was able to meet with its dedicated teaching staff and speak with its talented students who will shape the future of the Olympic Movement. The IOC fully supports RIOU in its endeavour to train the next generation of sports managers through its MSA course and I have no doubt that sports organisations from around the world will send students to Sochi in order to benefit from this excellent university."
- Vladimir Potanin
President of the Interros private investment companyТекст обращения
- Creating the Russian International Olympic University is one of our major charity projects. Our resources and funds provided everything necessary for the University. We regard RIOU as a kind of "sports Harvard" and we consider it a strong player that will greatly influence the development of sport and Olympism in Russia and around the world. For me, it is a contribution to the future.
- Xavier Gonzales
Chief Executive Officer of the International Paralympic CommitteeТекст обращения
We are cooperating closely with the Russian International Olympic University and we are sure that the results of our cooperation will be increasingly in demand. Students from more than 200 countries will study at RIOU and, for the IPC, RIOU is a good platform for transferring knowledge and skills. Continuous communication with students will help supplement the programmes with the information necessary for modern sports managers in the Paralympic sphere. Implementing this project will encourage people to preserve and enrich the Paralympic legacy all over the world.
- Dmitry Chernyshenko
Chairman of the Board - KHL President. President and CEO of the Sochi 2014 Organising Committee 2007-2014Текст обращения
For the international community and the Olympic family, the University is a unique platform for gaining Olympic knowledge: educational programmes with tailored curriculums, advanced scientific research, creative concepts and business models. From Games to Games, the Russian International Olympic University will offer the complex work of the preparation of staff, advanced research and strategic consulting. Many athletes, after ending their sports careers, will choose to undertake a sports management qualification, become a specialist in organising major events, operating and managing sports facilities. Thanks to the University, our country will have a new generation of managers who will ensure the effective management of Olympic venues.